Well I have finally figured out my new job. I am taking a position at AmerisourceBergen where I will be managing the Data Services area (ETL, Data Integration and Business Intelligence). This is a job that I am a good fit for and I am excited to get going. It was a tough decision as I had 3 offers that I had to decided between. They were all pretty good offers, but I feel I made a great choice in the end. AmerisourceBergen is a pretty large company and the IT group there is very well organized and Managed.
My training has taken a hit though with all of the job search stuff. I have so busy with it and the other family obligations that I haven't been able to stick to a good schedule. But I have been getting in some good workouts. I hit the track the other night for a very neat late night track workout. I love running track workouts at night, it feels like you are running faster when it is dark out. I started about 9:30 or so and did a 90 minute workout. It was warm, but the humidity was low. I didn't eat well beforehand, so expected this might be a tough one. But I was able to hammer out 4x1600 with 400 fast job (2:30-3:00 minutes) in between. I was hoping to do about 6:05-6:10 pace (~10 mile pace). But after hitting the first one in 5:57 there was no way I was going back over 6 minute pace. The last one was hammered in 5:49! This was cool, especially as it was my first real track workout of the year. I usually pick up about 10 seconds after the first month on workouts like this. So in one month I will try this again and go for 5:50's.
Biking has been going okay. I did a 100 miler today and had my first real bonk. It sucked as I was 25 miles from home when it happened. I know why it happened too. I ate horribly yesterday and did not carbo loading at all (hotdog, 2 hamburgers and some steak...oh yeah and a couple of beers). It was the holidays and I paid for it. I really need to get back on the wagon with my eating.
I have my first race this weekend...Black Bear 1/2 Ironman. I'm treating this as a B or C priority race. This is a cutback week for me (although I did do 100 miles today), so I will just take it a little easy and hit the race as hard as I can. I don't have any real expectations about the race, although I would love to run ~7's and ride ~220W. For the swim I just want to get through it, although I should be able to do ~1:30 pace.
Dave
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good luck this weekend on those hills! Would love to know where you manage to do a 100 miler around here. I've been looping my regular shorter route, but it would be nice to learn of other routes with that kind of mileage punch.
Race safe!
First things first...big congrats on your new job! That's really terrific. This must have weighed heavily on your mind for the past few weeks. With two small children and a job search, I don't think anyone would fault you for having to juggle around your training regimen. Yet you still manage to pull off some pretty sweet training sessions regardless! We should touch base at Black Bear this weekend.
Good luck at Black Bear! And congrats on the new job.
Still heading up to LP in a couple weeks?
John
Post a Comment