Okay, just a short post to let you know that I am still around. As a consultant, from time to time I get the chance to "ride the bench", which is just a way of saying my contract/project is done and I need to find another one. Even though you would think this gives me more time to train, it hasn't been the case. After a great weekend 2 weekends ago, I came down with another head cold. I'm sure I just pushed a little too hard. Saturday was a 5:27 bike ride followed by a 45 minute run. Oh yeah, the bike ride had 2285 ft of climbing per lap...I did 3! That is over 6800 ft of climbing. There was a climb near the end of the loop that was over 2 miles long and steep. But I did it and although I was wiped out, my nutrition was still pretty good. Sunday we did 2 hours on the bike and then I did a 10 mile run. This workout was done on the Black Bear 1/2 Ironman course, which I am doing in a couple of weeks.
Well hopefully I can post more later...Have to get to bed.
Dave
Tuesday, May 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Keep up the good work. Any chance you know whether or not there will be anymore organized recon missions on the Black Bear course?
Welcome back Dave. Glad to hear that you are rocking on your training.
Post a Comment