
I use CyclingPeaks software to upload data from my Power meter (SRM) and this is one of the graphs I check on. It shows my average power by day as well as my duration by day over the past 2 months or so. I'll try to put up some other graphs from the software from time to time. I really need to learn how to best interpret some of these figures. One number that I am most interested in (not shown on this pic/graph) is my watt/lb ratio. This is probably the most important number and is the one that really says how fast you can go. It has nothing to do with the bike, equipment, weather, etc. The more power you produce for your size the faster you will be. Right now I am doing doubly well as my weight is coming down, but my avg power is going up. I am bringing down the weight smartly, only losing up to 2 lbs a week. Any more than that and my energy would take a serious nose dive.
Todays bike workout at Cadence was actully a "recovery" workout. We just did some high cadence work followed by 3 10 minute intervals of zone 3 work with at different cadences. We only had to do 2, but a couple of us added an extra for good measure.
This week has been good so far. I already have in over 10 hours of work and I haven't even gotten to the weekend. I have done 3 swims (~3K per workout) and 3 good bike rides, as well as a lifting and a little bit of Yoga. This weekend is a tough one though as I have a 3 hour ride one day and a 3 hour ride followed by an hour run the other. I might not go the full hour on the run as I don't want to push my foot too much. But if I could get in 2 3 hour rides this would likely be the most biking I have ever done in a one week period. The only bad news is that this might have to happen on an indoor trainer as the weather is not looking great outside. But I do have a couple of movies that I can watch. Maybe I'll even try to reach out to some folks and see if anyone wants to join me.
On a personal note, my wife, Helen has gotten bit by the "Nesting" bug. Anybody how has been pregnant or a spouse of someone who has been pregnant, probably knows about this bug. I have no issues with it and am actually in total agreement about our state of (il)preparedness. So this weekend (starting tonight really) will also involve a lot of furniture moving as well as other getting ready for baby type stuff. We are moving my son from his current bedroom to our current office and moving the office up to the 3rd floor. I'll have to be careful with my back as I have been known to throw it out doing these kinds of things. I also hope to catch at least a little bit of the football games. On Saturday night is also the philly triathlon club kickoff meeting. This should be some fun as well.
So as you can see this will be a busy weekend. But these are the training weekends that get you to the finish line.
Keep on tri-ing!!
Dave
No comments:
Post a Comment