So far this has been a good week. Everything is quiet on the baby front and my new prediction is that we will make it to our due date (which is 2/28 or 3/1 depending on who you talk to). Because of the imminent baby I will likely have to do both of my long rides this weekend on the trainer. I hope at least one of these can be done on the porch, where I at least be outside. I have done this in the past and it works well. You don't get overheated and although I get strange looks from the neighbors, it is much better than the basement.
I have 8.5 hours on tap for this weekend. A 4 hour brick on Saturday and a 3.5 hour ride and 1 hour swim on Sunday. The swim should be relatively easy as it is mostly technique work.
I am getting another LT test done on 3/4 which is during my next recovery week. This one will be done in a "lab" and is part of the coaching that I signed up for. They will also test my max V02, which I am not as interested in as I don't think this is as useful in Ironman training.
BTW, you thought this weekend was bad. Next weekend, which is the 3rd week in a 3 week buildup is even tougher. 4 hour brick on Sat, and 4.5 hour ride on Sunday with a 1 hour swim. That is 9.5 hours of training in 48 hours. I will be more than ready for the cutback week.
I also got my fathers day gift all lined up. I will be attending the IMLP recon trip the weekend of June 16 with Joe, et. al. Joe organized this one and it looks like a bunch of people are going, as well as some folks from Beginner Triathlete.com. I'm really looking forward to this weekend. The plan will likely be as follows:
1. Arrive Fri afternoon and do a 2.4 mile swim in Mirror Lake (2 loops)
2. 112 bike (2 loops) and ~1 hour run on Saturday
3. 56 bike and 13.1 mile run Sunday (this is tentative).
Okay, back to work.
Dave
Friday, February 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment