Well I guess I have no one to blame but myself. I was the one who decided I could handle this many hours a week. After a 8.5 hour weekend...yes you read that correctly, I didn't say Week, I said WEEKEND. It was actually a great week of training. Still no baby though and I keep waiting for the mandatory time off to begin.
So what does one do for 8.5 hours over a weekend. Well first you get up at 5:30 on Saturday to start a 3 hour indoor trainer ride. Started a little late, but not too bad. Was able to do a pretty good workout. I have the ride broken into 10 minute segments, with something different every 10 minutes. I also throw in some "steady aerobar time". These are just longer stretches where I stay aero the entire time, and ride at steady/ironman race pace. I then immediately transitioned to a 1 hour run. The run felt great. Was able to do 7:30-7:40 pace without pushing very hard. HR was steady the entire run. Mostly upper z1 lower z2. Nice dip in the ice bath afterwards.
Then on Sunday I did a 3.5 hour ride. This was supposed to be a group ride outside, but instead I was back in the basement staring at the wall. I then did a 1 hour swim in the afternoon, which was only about 45-50 minutes (this is a class and I didn't get a chance to add anything either before or after). I was definetly tired, but the steak and 2 beers I had for dinner tasted all the better.
The good news is that I get to do the same thing next weekend, except I can go ahead and add an hour to the Sunday ride. I am going to do anything I can to make sure that at least this ride is done outside. Maybe even both rides. Assuming the baby arrives this week (which it definetly should), this ride may get shortened. But if I do get outside, I will definetly have to do some better planning (nutrition, tools, clothing, route, etc).
If anyone has any good ideas on a 4.5 hour route around the philly area, let me know.
later,
Dave
Monday, February 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
8.5 hour weekend...that is some serious "base" training!
babe naked [url=http://grimbi.de/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=206395#206395] nude clips[/url] Nudebabes
Post a Comment