Well I did my 20 minute all out time trail on Monday AM. We did a 15+ minute warmup, then some zone 3 efforts, zone 4a, 4b efforts and then a couple of zone 5 efforts. The purpose of the longer, tougher warmup is that you shouldn't be too fresh for the time trail. This is supposed to predict the power/hr that you could hold for a one hour race. But doing a race of this length is really taxing on the body (recovery mainly), so usually a 20 minute effort is done. I figured this would be better than my first test by a fair amount and it was. My goal was to start out at 250W and go up from there. I pretty did exactly this, with the last 5 minutes almost all over 300. I ended up with a 269 avg and was really happy with that effort. My goal was to get to 275 by spring time and I think I am on my way. This was a pretty big jump for me though, and it will mean that my workouts will now feel "harder". For example my Zone 2 power used to be 189 and now will be about 203. That means even endurance rides should be done around 200 Watts. I'm sure it will take me a week or so to adjust to this, but it is what it is. This was definetly one of the better efforts I have put out.
I also started to add some quicker pacing to my runs and the foot is feeling good. I did 90 minutes last week and this week I am going for 2 hours with a group of guys that live near me and are getting ready for IMLP as well. Good thing is that they start early (6 AM on Sunday morning), which means that I will get back home in plenty of time to help out.
I also need to give some kudos to Candence. I have really enjoyed the workouts that they have done and I am also starting to get some good information from the swim class that I am taking as well. The coach is giving me lots of good tips and it really seems to be helping. So I have decided that I am going to continue my coaching relationship with Cadence through IMLP. I think the main reason is for getting answers to questions, and having a structed training schedule. I have been okay in the past with my planning, but sometimes I don't plan an entire week out in advance. Having this done will really help out, timewise. I just have to login to see what I am doing and also I can see what my plans are for the weekend.
Speaking of this weekend, I have a 4 hour brick (3 hour ride, 1 hour run). This should be fun...as it will likely be on the trainer indoors.
Later,
Dave
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dave,
Keep up the good work. Any updates on the 2nd addition to your family?
Post a Comment