Well this Mondays morning workouts are hopefully the start of a good week. I was still feeling the effects of the stomach virus up through last week. This morning was a 3000 yard swim, straight with no breaks, done in right around 49 minutes (slow for me ~1:40 /100 pace). I then quickly headed to Cadence for the 1 hour class. These workouts are starting to get tougher. We did a couple of 6 minute blocks in different power zones (last one was 4a,4,5...ouch). I also did a little longer cool down to get in 1.5 hours. So a good morning altogether. I tried to add the chart of the workout, but it doesn't quite fit in well. I'll keep working on that.
Hopefully Tuesday night I am going to try another indoor trainer class with a LBS (Local Bike Shop). After a swim this morning, this will make a nice double. It all depends on work though.
My weekend ride on Saturday was tough. It included two really long climbs...one on Harts Lane and one on Old Eagle School Road. I actually think the one on Old Eagle School road was much tougher. This workout ended up taking more out of me than I expected. I think this was partially due to still recoverying from the stomach virus and partially because I did not take any calories with me. I have to remember to take something with me even if I don't plan on being out that one.
Monday, January 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Welcome, Dave, to blogging! I'm nearby (in West Chester), but training for IM Wisconsin in September. Looking forward to following your training and maybe even running into you at a local race!
~ able
Post a Comment