Well I am in the midst of my recovery week. It has been good so far. I had a cold at the end of last week and pretty much kept up with the training knowing that I was getting a break this week. It has really helped. I have slept some more and have felt refreshed.
This is also good timing as we really need to get some stuff done around the house before baby #2 arrives. Helen has already started having the Braxton-Hicks (sp?) contractions, which last time was about a week before she went into labor. Last time she went into labor on her due date, but who knows this time. Anyway, tomorrow I have a very rare complete day off! So I told Helen to make me a "honey-do" list and I will go to town on it. I also will try to let her sleep in both days this weekend as she can use the rest.
Today I also had a massage. It is a theraputic massage and I had them almost weekly when I was well into training for the 1/2 Ironman. So I am going to probably start getting these almost weekly when the volume is higher. She does a great job of getting me back in alignment. I have one leg that is slightly shorter then the other, and it can cause some out of balance issues from time to time.
I also ordered my raceday wheels this week and have officially switched to the Pocono half Ironman instead of Mooseman. I just realized that it was too far to travel for a B priority race. Hopefully the organization of the Poconon half goes well. It is the first year for it.
later,
Dave
PS: I am supposed to do the power test on Monday. We didn't do it today due to technical difficulties.
Friday, February 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I was tempted by the Poconos race this year because it's just so darned close! But I passed -- you'll have to let us know how it goes for it's first time.
Enjoy your rest week!
Post a Comment