One of the "benefits" of having a 2 year old in daycare is that you get to be sick all winter long and sometimes even into spring and summer. I understand that Ben (my son) will get sick from time to time, but it is just impossible to keep from catching it from him. He hasn't quite learned how to keep others from catching what he has. Right now his favorite place to put his fingers is in Daddy's nose. So I am not fighting my second cold this month. I am trying to be very careful that it is not from over training, and I don't think it is in this case. My overall volume is way up, but last weekend I was able to get some good sleep and even a nap in the afternoon. I was on very little caffeine all weekend as well. This time it is just a head cold and nothing in the chest, so I am able to keep training for the most part, after cutting some workouts short and modifying others. I am schedule for 17 hours total this week and I would probably come in close to 15 instead. But I will still hopefully get in 7 days of training.
Some stats from last week:
Planned Time: 15
Hours from ATP: 15
Actual Time: 14:03
Swim Distance: 8100
Bike Distance: 146.2
Run Distance: 17.5
Strength: 1:00
I found out that next week, which is a cutback week, will include a 8-mile/20 minute time trail on Friday at my indoor biking class. I'm really looking forward to this as I think I have made some pretty significant improvements in my functional power. Functional Power is supposed to represent the power you could hold over a 1 hour race. My current number was found on the 2 or 3 rd class back in December. I am about 5-6 lbs lighter and I can tell my legs are stronger.
I really think I can come in about 8-9% higher. With the lighter weight and higher power, this really helps my power-to-weight ratio. I would really like to get this number up over 3.5. Nothing to brag about, but it would really help with the biking section of IMLP.
This Saturday will be my first ride with a fellow blogger Jeremy. Looking forward to a nice long ride. It will be nice to have someone else there for the ride as these can be mentally taxing. We are planning a nice easy 1/2 hour run afterwards. Then on Sunday I have my longest run since November planned. Hopefully the foot cooperates for the 1.5 hour run. I can tell that I am loosing a little leg turnover speed from all of the biking and lack of running. I'm okay with this as long as I recognize it and don't try to run my normal paces when I'm not ready for them.
One parting question/dilemma...I have had no alcohol for several weeks now as part of a plan to watch body composition more closely. Should I have some beer during the Super Bowl on Sunday? Feel free to weigh in.
later,
Dave
Friday, February 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
After 210 minutes in the saddle on Saturday, hopefully you didn't feel bad about taking in a beer (or two) on Sunday!
This is all I have to say...
You guys are nutz. A good kind of nutz, but still nutz.
:)
Post a Comment